What is the System for Award Management (SAM)?
The System for Award Management (SAM) is an official website of the U.S. government. SAM consolidated the capabilities of CCR/FedReg, ORCA, and EPLS. There is NO cost to use SAM. Register to do business with the U.S. government for free directly from this site. Find free help with your SAM registration on our HELP tab, including user guides, videos, and FAQs. Use the SAM Status Tracker to check your SAM entity registration status. SAM Main site
SAM.GOV REGISTRATION IS FREE!
There is NO FEE to register or maintain your SAM.gov registration. If you get an email, text, or phone call from a company asking you to contact them right away about your SAM.gov registration, be cautious. If you are asked to pay money to complete or renew your SAM.gov registration, be cautious. These messages are not from the Federal Government. It is FREE TO REGISTER in SAM.gov for any entity. You engage third party vendors at your own risk.
SAM Extracts and Web Services:
Support for the legacy-formatted extracts and web services in SAM ended on October 31st, 2014. Federal systems using SAM data must convert to the SAM-formatted extracts and web services. If you see “You do not have access to this extract” you need to submit a Data Access Request for the appropriate role by logging in with the account that needs the role. Go to “Data Access” then click on either “System Data Access Request” or “Individual Data Access Request” (depending on your user account type) and follow the prompts to submit the request. Visit the openIAE GitHub sitefor more information about SAM’s data, web services, andRESTful API.
Those systems that will be combined into SAM, grouped by functional area, are:
- CCR/FedReg – Central Contractor Registration/Federal Agency Registration
- ORCA – Online Representations and Certifications Application
- FBO – Federal Business Opportunities
- FPDS-NG – Federal Procurement Data System – Next Generation
- eSRS/FSRS – Electronic Subcontracting Reporting System/FFATA Subaward Reporting System
- WDOL – Wage Determinations Online
- PPIRS/CPARS/FAPIIS – Past Performance Information Retrieval System
- EPLS – Excluded Parties List System
- PPIRS/CPARS/FAPIIS – Past Performance Information Retrieval System, Contractor Performance Assessment Reporting System, and Federal Awardee Performance and Integrity Information System
Assistance Program Catalog
- CFDA – Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance